LifeWorks Program Enhancement
Online Authorization for Face-to-Face Sessions
On October 24, we will be introducing an enhancement to LifeWorks.com to enable eligible program participants to obtain authorization for face-to-face sessions and select a local EAP counselor by registering for a personal account and completing a brief risk assessment on the site, then using a locator tool to choose a counselor. This will make it easier for participants to access this aspect of our EAP services, while maintaining appropriate screening for eligibility and risk.
Why are we making this enhancement?
The most common reason for calls to the LifeWorks program is for referrals for sessions with local EAP providers. The Counselor Search tool is by far the most popular feature on the LifeWorks.com site. Based on this current activity, we expect this enhancement, which will offer a faster and easier self-service alternative to calling, to be attractive to many program participants.
Who is eligible for online authorization for face-to-face sessions?
Participants who are seeking short-term-solution-focused counseling for themselves (not for other family members) and who are not determined to be at risk or in need of urgent or longer-term support. The same criteria are applied to these online requests as are applied to requests made by telephone.
Who is not eligible for online authorization for face-to-face sessions?
Participants are not eligible for online authorization for face-to-face sessions if they meet any of the following criteria:
· The participant is dealing with a domestic violence issue.
· The participant is seeking help for a substance abuse issue.
· The participant is currently having thoughts of harming himself or herself or someone else.
· The participant is seeking family or couples counseling.
· The participant is seeking counseling for someone else.
· The participant has used in-person counseling sessions through the LifeWorks program within the previous 12 months (or within the previous 6 months in California or Nevada)
· The participant is seeking counseling in California and the customer provides local counseling in that state through Concern EAP.
What happens when participants are found to be ineligible for online authorization for face-to-face sessions?
Participants who are determined to be ineligible for online authorization for face-to-face EAP sessions will receive a message encouraging them to call the program’s toll-free number. If the participant is deemed ineligible for authorization because they are at risk of harm to themselves or others, they are notified that a LifeWorks consultant will call them if we don’t hear from them within 24 hours.